Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive been reading forums on here and its got me thinking that my clutch isnt slipping.... here what it does

if i get on it not spinning the tires but still gettin gon it and i throw it to second it seems sluggish rpms are climbming but speeds are ehhh and smells of somthing burning,

in a forum i read i read to do a slip test and put it in 3 ar abt 1500rpm and put the gas to the floor and see if it slips and it doesnt...

so thats my question

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Not sure about the burning smell. But the sluggish effect you are feeling is the computer reducing your power between shifts so your nose doesn't dive down as hard and also to prevent burning out through second. A good tune will get rid of those pesky safety features!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooo alrighty lol thanks so u belive my clutch is still good? or should i spend the 300 to get a new clutch kit? also i havent ever asked this but how much does a tune cost? because i plan on gett an exhaust and intake then pulleys

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You are SC right?

If so you can either go Trifecta which is a tune from Seattle that you use your own laptop or the better option would be HP tuners which you would need to go to a tune shop and have it ran on a dyno/tuned. Probably around $300+ depending on where you go.

If you plan on goingup in power it wouldn't hurt to get a new one, but it really depends on how high power you are going and what that smell you are experiencing is. Clutches do give a foul sent when they are starting to go.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
like he said, new or resurfaced. Just get it resurfaced. much cheaper

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I've never seen a flywheel that couldn't be resurfaced. Maybe a lightweight one couldn't I guess. If you don't resurface it you risk your clutch chattering and other super annoying things.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i understand that

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

do we have adjustable clutch

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok i just read a forum that a guy got the upgraded clutch kit from CED and had probs shifting it. has anyone had bad experience with htis kit or should i go with a different kind please give your opinions

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well found out my clutch is sliping just started doin this..... put it in second or third push the gas a bit hard and the rpms just jump up wich in third it shouldnt not even close so new clutch is goin to be ordered, read a few how to's on this looks easy just a pain for the labor

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.