Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Might be cool on a show car.. but on a daily driver... :blink: Plus you would have to have a hell of a lot done under the hood to make it look good..

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow for that price you could buy a nice CF hood and paint it any which way you want it... if you have alot to show then it's cool just for shows as obz said but don't let it sit out in the sun. i was thinking about setting transparent or smoked acrylic in the holes that i cut in my hood but i really want it to breathe more than i want it to see through

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
wow for that price you could buy a nice CF hood and paint it any which way you want it... if you have alot to show then it's cool just for shows as obz said but don't let it sit out in the sun. i was thinking about setting transparent or smoked acrylic in the holes that i cut in my hood but i really want it to breathe more than i want it to see through
You have holes cut in your hood? pics?

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
still up in the air on it i was thinking meshing the underside with black mesh but then i was looking at how close they are to the valve cover so i was thinking about abbing a plate slightly below the mesh with louvers like the evo hoods... any suggestions??i originally wanted it to look similar to the veilside supra hood

·
Registered
450 Posts
not a bad idea or even switch those around and that isn't a bad idea either

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I say it can look good on a strictly show car and has to have a LOT of accents on the engine. The only one I've seen is in F&F there was a green civic that had it really clear in the middle and fade to darker lime green toward the edges, didn't look too bad.

oh oh oh on an Integra with everything deleted (power steering, AC, etc...) and a wire tuck would look like sex.

·
Registered
317 Posts
it would be cool with a polished supercharger sitting under there on a show car, with everything else all dressed up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.