Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt that I purchased with the entire ignition was torn out and push button start was installed.I lost the original transponder key and called a locksmith out to reprogram a new key but locksmith was unable to get the computer to communicate with his gaget to program my new key and told me I had to have a new steering column.exactly what part do I have to replace just to get the engine to turn over and bypass the security or either program the security or transponder key

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt that I purchased with the entire ignition was torn out and push button start was installed.I lost the original transponder key and called a locksmith out to reprogram a new key but locksmith was unable to get the computer to communicate with his gaget to program my new key and told me I had to have a new steering column.exactly what part do I have to replace just to get the engine to turn over and bypass the security or either program the security or transponder key
Any suggestions please email me at [email protected]
Or text me at 601-688-1502

1 - 2 of 2 Posts