Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting here trying to install my tune, I've got all the files installed, I hear a click, my lighs flicker, then it says its done..i turn the car on, no difference what so ever...the car is on "on" and the engine isnt running like it says to do...serious comments only please...

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
We just got off the phone.

I'm not to sure without being there. That is the only thing I have never messed with. When we did Craigs car he did the tune install.

I tried calling my local Trifecta guy, but he hasn't got back to me yet.

·
Registered
611 Posts
hmm do you have the little tactrix box or the other one? Mine worked without any problems. Email Vince and see what he has to say...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the taxtric box...

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

disconnect then reconnect the battery
then try again or to engage the tune?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
How many times did you try to flash the tune? Sometimes it doesn't write everything and you need to write it 2 times. Disconnecting the battery isn't going to do anything, as the programming/tune on the VCM doesn't change/reset from a dead battery. The only thing that affects is your IAC (Idle Air Control) sensor. I'd say restart your computer, turn off your car, wait 5 minutes, turn your computer on, reconnect the tuner, turn your car to the on position, have your doors closed and re-write the tune to your VCM. After it's done, start it up and engage the tune, and see if it worked.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already started with the door open...lol...just closed it...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
keep us updated, we are all in suspense right now! lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm letting my car sit until 11pm(1hr10min) and Im going to start it up again and see if it all engaged...ive contacted Vince and he asked me to elaborate on the problem at hand sooo we'll see what he has to say with my situation...

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

So it turns out Vince was smart...he sent me stock files and custom files...

I didn't know it...unfortunately
so basically I tuned and untuned my car twice...

Installing the custom files as we speak..
I feel really smart... >.>

·
Registered
575 Posts
Does a tune with a bolt on car do that much? Ive been away from these cars awhile and we didn't even have a tuning source for the l61s when I had mine.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it did Jared...I kept installing the custom files, then the stock right fter them....they werent marked stock or anything...Vince had to help me out...I got it done, and I def dont have traction control, a rev limiter but considering my car is idling at 700rpm cause its tuned for the 2.4 Intake manifold and throttle body i havent installed yet, it isnt getting enough air...haha...and there is too much backpressure because my header/dp arent on yet...lol...I can def tell a difference now though....it brings a tear to my eye:cry:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
more like 160 to the wheel..haha

·
Registered
745 Posts
how the hell do you make 160 to the wheel only? if you do intake, intake man, full exhaust, lighter/smaller pulleys, you couldnt make atleast 170-180? what about stage 1 cams? what is the power expectations then?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.