Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently am running 15.8 to 15.9 on the quarter mile. My mods are CAI, GM performance headers, 2.5" downpipe, 2.4 intake mani swap, cat back, MRZ performance lightweight underdrive crank pulley,and a B&M short throw shifter. Im wondering how much faster I will be on the track with the tune.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I currently am running 15.8 to 15.9 on the quarter mile. My mods are CAI, GM performance headers, 2.5" downpipe, 2.4 intake mani swap, cat back, MRZ performance lightweight underdrive crank pulley,and a B&M short throw shifter. Im wondering how much faster I will be on the track??
youve got a b&m and only run 15.9?
did you mod it to fit a 2.2?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
ETs are also a factor of location...if the track is at a high altitude or the location is high heat/humidity this will affect ETs. Having everybody from different locations post their ETs is not a way to prove what a car should run -- unless all the variables are listed too.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
just curious, never heard of one on a 2.2.
idk what the time improvement would be, but with your mod list the tune will def. make em run together at full potential. :)
im thinking something is off, where you located? obz is HIGH (LOL) and hes less modded for power and runs faster.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran at rock falls raceway in Eau Claire Wisconsin. A couple of by buddys were telling me that its a shitty track but I wouldnt know the difference. It was my first time at the strip. My best R/T was like .322 or something like that

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I ran at rock falls raceway in Eau Claire Wisconsin. A couple of by buddys were telling me that its a shitty track but I wouldnt know the difference. It was my first time at the strip. My best R/T was like .322 or something like that
sounds like a traction problem to me. your not hitting the wet box are you?
if not your buddy's are right.:) im no track expert either, but i think you should be faster.
get the tune, with the amount youve spent already 250 will be more than worth it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good. My launch isnt my stong point. I was launching @ aroung 3000 to 3500 rpm. I didnt e-brake the wet box but I damn sure let em rip. I used my stock 16" rims 215 55r 16 tires at 27psi. I was also told to take off my ss high rise spoiler that I put on. Not sure if that would make a difference

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
like i said,im no track expert. but ive heard with a low hp fwd car u should drive around it.(the wet box) also go on the last yellow, not green.(if you dont already) that should help a bit.
id still get the tune though.:) it will help, i know i plan on it!
what dp are you running? (just curious) nice mod list btw:bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
DO you have an auto or standard. (just curious because i think you mean B&M shift+)

In drag racing, your R/T does not matter on bit on your E/T YOu could take a nap after it goes green, then go and still run the same time. the counter starts when you take off.

What is your 60' time?

Can you post a link to your track for me?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
All those mods and only a 15.8??? What a rip off... WTF??

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
All those mods and only a 15.8??? What a rip off... WTF??
2.2 ftw :laugh:
thinkin auto though, even fully bolted and tuned 2.2 5 spd's are slow.
but 13,500, 34 mpg's in dd. mines not even paid off and i feel ive got my money's worth. :)
could be faster and i wouldnt complain though :laugh:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its a 5 speed. The headers made a big difference on the high end and the downpipe made an all around big difference. I've been told that stock cobats run around 17 seconds and I have no weight reductions so I really can't complain I guess. How do I post my slips?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Its a 5 speed. The headers made a big difference on the high end and the downpipe made an all around big difference. I've been told that stock cobats run around 17 seconds and I have no weight reductions so I really can't complain I guess. How do I post my slips?
take pics of them, or scan them. host on photobucket etc. then click the mountain symbol to post em.(copy, paste method.)
you only have 1 header fyi.:blink1:

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Even if it's a 2.2 it still should be faster than 15.8

the downpipe made an all around big difference.
I honestly felt no difference when I put an LSJ DP on maybe I will when I get my header extrude honed. *shrugs* But shorty headers are supposed to give you low end not high end.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
i hope so that upsets me cause what if that's my time stock? I'd be very upset and look at my car like a slow pos just like the taurus which ran a 17

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.