Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Bank 1 sensor 2, aka down stream O2 sensor. Replace with OEM AC Delco O2 sensor and bam.

·
Registered
498 Posts
B2AAA seems like it could be a reader error

·
Registered
498 Posts
Most likely

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I hear a lot of people need new O2 sensors when they get the high flow cat. I didn't personally have this problem, but that seems to be the consensus

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i only get 0420 since my DP, but i clear it and it doesnt come back for a very long while

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Could it be because of my zzp down pipe and the angled o2 bung? It has a high flow cat
That whole setup looks odd to me. How the exhaust flows through your downstream HO2 with that setup is behond me. It's like trying to get that last drop from a 6" drinking glass with a 3" tongue.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i only get 0420 since my DP, but i clear it and it doesnt come back for a very long while
p0420 should be Bank1 sensor 2 (after cat o2 sensor) is reading too rich/lean. Too bad you don't have any access to a 5 gas analyzer. That will determine what is wrong near your cat converter (or where it was). You may have either too much Carbon Monoxide/HydroCarbon/Oxygen. Your 02 after cat should be a steady flatline (secondary scope or MODIS) while your Bank 1 Sensor one is toggling in closed loop rich-lean-rich-lean, etc.

Have you tried to run a spacer on the 02 bung or Spark Plug Anti-Fouler? That used to be the trick if its too rich. IF you had some spare money, throw in a UEGO for the aftercat, you can adjust your readings on your air/fuel gauge, don't try the 02 simulators cause its illegal now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.