Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 2008 chevy colbalt, it is using alot of gas and strong smell when first starting and when turning car off just wondering if any1 has a ideal what it might be and has slow take off from normal

·
Registered
563 Posts
check fuel lines

·
Registered
563 Posts
check plugs, see what color the ends are. Might be running rich. depends how bad the smell is, otherwise its probably the pump

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Any cel on? o2 sensors stuck to lean will flood the engine and so will a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Can you smell it move from the rear or the front? There is an emissions box behind the fuel tank that can stink if you like to fill your car to the rim while pumping gas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll check those out, I called about a regulater and they told me my car wasn't equipt with one. But i was sure it did. Is a O2 censer hard to change? thanks for all the help

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Not sure on your location, with a torch to heat up the bung they always come out, but if they're stuck to lean they'll set a code thats why I mentioned the check engine light.

Im not sure how the car would adjust the fuel if it didnt have a regulator, even single line systems like the ford focus have a regulator that tells the pump how much to pump. coby will hopefully chime in on that bit.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
If you get this looked into by a dealership, randy g, please keep me informed of your progress. I'm here to help in any way I can!
Sarah, GM Customer Service

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.