Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, excuse my ignorance b/c i'm a n00b to cars as well as posting on forums. so i apologize in advance

Ok so neither my key fob nor my trunk release inside the car opens the trunk, so according to the dealer my trunk actuator is bad (i have a 07 cobalt lt2 btw) i have someone who will do the labor for me but i need to buy the parts, is there anything else other than the actual actuator that i need to purchase?

i know this is going to sound stupid but my key doesnt open the trunk for some reason, it opens the doors fine but doesnt open the trunk is it possible the actuator could be creating that problem as well?

lastly, has anyone ever bought parts off ebay before, they have an actuator for 20 bucks and i'm considering buying it since the dealer quoted me 150 plus install

any help is appreciated! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
152 Posts
my actuator works fine however when i had my battery disconnected today to clean my MAF sensor, i accidentally closed the trunk, and for the first time tried to open the trunk lock with the key and it wouldn't even turn, anyone else have this problem? the actuator is fine, the key just won't turn the lock on the trunk :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.