Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Friday 11/26/10 when ever I start my car, on the DIC I get the Trunk Ajar message, the first time I got it, I went back and checked my trunk and it was closed and secure, I even got back in the car and pushed the button to open the trunk, it opened like normal. However the Trunk Ajar message stayed, now every time I start the car I'm getting the Trunk Ajar message and the trunk is secure and closed. My car is out of warranty, I have an extended warranty but don't wan to pay the $200 Deductible to have it looked at if it is something I could easily fix. Anyone heard of this problem before or have any suggestions, I thought about disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes to see if that fixed the problem but when we did that on my uncle's Silverado it seemed to lock his radio.. anyone have any thoughts.. Thanks :unsure:

·
Registered
141 Posts
imo find the pressure switch it uses to tell if the trunk is open or not if u press to down and u still get the message id look into ordering a new or just dealing with it.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
the switch is in the latch. maybe something went wrong with the latch or if there is a wire going to the latch. I've never had that apart. but I do know the switch is in the latch somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.