Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2009 cobalt. It did nor come with a key fob or a spare key. Where can I get a spare and a fob?
I can’t open the trunk. The key won’t turn in the trunk keyhole, and the button next to the steering column doesn’t seem to do anything. The car didn’t come with an owner’s manual, so I’m stuck. How do I get the trunk open?

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the '08 it's in the change drawer to the left of the steering wheel.. button right inside of the top left of the compartment.

For the fobs, I bought mine off of Amazon and had the locksmith rekey the trunk (I replaced it when I got it) and program the fobs. My '08 won't reprogram by hand, has to be done with tools. The '09 might be different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for thee info about the fob!
I was able to find the trunk release button in the drawer next to the steering column. When I push the button, nothing happens. I can touch wires behind the button and the base of the button (where it plugs in) seems pretty warm. I’m wondering if there’s a short in the wires.
This weekend, I’m going to check with the place I bought the car and see if they have a fob or any ideas on what’s going on. Maybe they forgot to get me the fob somehow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.