Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i been trying to figure out why my lights dont work on my trunk. Replaced the bulbs, still nothing, check the fuse under the hood, they still dont work. Ive seen a couple of other SS's running around that they dont work on either. Guessing this is a common thing for these cars? Only had my car for a month now, but this no reverse lights at night bothers me.

Any suggestions on what to look at next? Im not so good with electrical issues :embarrest:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used a test light, i know its not the same thing, but didnt get power to either slot on both the connectors. Ill try a multimeter tomorrow at work if i can get my hands on one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no idea, dont know much about this car, only owned it for a month. completely stock. i dont even know what mods are even good for it. has 84k on it.

but with the car in reverse, i dont get any lights. really dont feel like going to the stealership to get them to figure this out. but not many SS's ride around where i live at.

its a 5speed

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
From another site. How to replace your reverse light switch.

1. Go to your local dealership and buy GM part no. 24459626
2. You will need the following tools: 1/2 ratchet, long 1/2 extension, 22mm deep socket.
3. Shift your car into 4th gear. (please make sure the car is not running!!!)
4. Look down between your fuse box and your motor, you will see a plug with two wires on it. It will be right on top of the transmission. You might have to move some cables out of the way. However you will not have to remove or dissasemble anything!!!
5. Pull the plug off the old switch, then use the socket to remove it.
6. To install the new switch, do this backwards.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Rear window defogger connector under rear speaker shelf. Check to see if it's blackened from overheating. This same connector has rear compartment light and reverse. Extreme failure melts this connector and everything fails. Check if rear defog works!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rear window defogger connector under rear speaker shelf. Check to see if it's blackened from overheating. This same connector has rear compartment light and reverse. Extreme failure melts this connector and everything fails. Check if rear defog works!!!
Ill check this out tomorrow and let yall know how it goes when i get home from work :) :thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update, I believe it is the switch so I called up my local dealer. 24$ for it. Not to shabby. Crappy part is, no dealer in GA has one in stock and they have to order it. Said it will take 3-5 days for them to get it in. Hopefully this fixes my problem :wondering:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Just an update, I believe it is the switch so I called up my local dealer. 24$ for it. Not to shabby. Crappy part is, no dealer in GA has one in stock and they have to order it. Said it will take 3-5 days for them to get it in. Hopefully this fixes my problem :wondering:
Did you check the wiring for burning first, like Coby recommended?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.