Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen this to be an issue while searching and seeing posts on this forum and I’ve read pretty much all the ones I could find but my trunk will not open on my 09 cobalt. I have no key fob remote as I bought it used actually in a trade. The only key that I do have that is an ignition key and opens all the other doors used to work on my trunk lock but now it does not. The trunk release button on the dash hidden in the little cubby hole does not work either. The 20A fuse for trunk is good (I pulled it and checked). I do need to put another battery on but even with car jumped off and running, the trunk will not open any kind of way and had this issue before I started having battery issues. Any suggestions? I saw somebody post that the actual lock itself was his problem, if so how do I fix that? Who can replace or fix a lock? Please help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently fixed mine while doing the steering shaft. My trunk release was plugged into what i think is the fog light harness. One’s white and one’s black/grey. I believe its the white ine that should be plugged in. Also spray some graphite lubricant into your key hole and jiggle the key a little. But those wires may have gotten switched during the steering colomn recall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts