Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a lot of folks on here complain about stock and aftermarket headlight bulbs, the color, the brightness (or lack of) and the the short life span. I have tried MANY different brands from Hella, PIAA, Silverstar and Silverstar Ultra to the e-Bay brands (whatever they are) and all in between.
Below I will post a link to a company I have dealt with since 2003 and have been EXTREMELY satisfied. Everybody will have different wants/needs and expectations and tastes of what they expect in headlight bulbs.
I personally like the crisp, ultra white light that is about as close to factory HID's in color as I have seen without the rediculous blue light or so dim you cant see 50 feet in front of you. I prefer standard factory wattage as not to risk my wiring and sockets. When you click the link below, I have used the second set from the top, described as "Xenon Headlight Bulbs - Standard Watt." I have been VERY pleased with these. A FAIR price and great service from this company AND from the bulb itself. Remember, anyone can get a defect, but I have had these in numerous cars of mine, some in my GMC since 2003 without a problem or replacement. I bought an extra when I originally purchased them as a "spare, just in case". I still have that spare, still in the original shipping box!
As with all these bulbs, I have found the best thing to do before installation is wipe the bulb glass off with a clean lint-free cloth and rubbing alcohol to remove any and all grease or body oils from inadvertant handling. As you can see, they have other offerings in the head light bulb line (and MANY other items elsewhere on their site) you may like better and I can't speak for them as I have never tried them. But I think you all would be very happy with their products.

Xtreme Lights Inc. - Neon lights for cars, underbody neon lights, motorcycle neon lights, auto neon lights

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gay ass color bulbs FTL.....leave that to the ricers...
No... These bulbs are a very bright, clear, crisp white. None of the yellow/brown shades as compared to the stock bulbs. But they don't have that blue tint look like.... let see, how do I explain it to you... I know... It doesn't have that bluish "ricer" tint look, like the headlamps and fogs in your Camaro picture on your post. That's the best way I can explain it.

GTO 1

·
Registered
257 Posts
ROFL....you guys are the ones who need the hugs, you kids think everything is cool now a days. you kids will believe pretty much everything now a days. Silverstars will give you a better light up. And i'm sorry but these are nothing compared to HID's. Not even close....you have seen HID's right. Personally i think this company is crap but since you've been biased since 2003 i'm sure you will say other wise. So the best way I can explain it is you are a tool bag, these light bulbs are shit and will last 1/2 as long :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I agree .

·
Registered
79 Posts
projector with HID's my friends...thats the brightest youll get...ill havta agree with alpha on the HID thing..but conversions kits can run u a lil money..so if u dont wanan soend money just go with wut GTO 1 said...i have them right now and theyre pretty good but no HID's..

·
Registered
257 Posts
projector with HID's my friends...thats the brightest youll get...ill havta agree with alpha on the HID thing..but conversions kits can run u a lil money..so if u dont wanan soend money just go with wut GTO 1 said...i have them right now and theyre pretty good but no HID's..
Quality = $$$ :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea especially if you buy the projector and then the HID kit ...expect to break the pockets a lil....lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
there are a couple of balts on the .net site that have HID + Projectors and they look like sex :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
there are a couple of balts on the .net site that have HID + Projectors and they look like sex :)
I'm one on this site that has 'em, and you are damn right about the sexiness. The price was worth it all in the end though. $$$ does equal quality.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Is it like plug & play ?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Is it like plug & play ?
no, there is some wiring to be done, but honestly it's not hard at all. It's just adding a relay and running some power from the fuse box. You can get plug and play kits though that are essentially retro fits. IZN TRBL has great plug and play kits that use FX 35 projectors in the cobalt housing. They work perfectly and install in minutes.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
ohh... i would rather just hassel it and do the projectors with HID's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.