Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a gray door panels but i want black
is it easy to paint it and not worry about chip paint or should i find new danels and put it in

·
Registered
236 Posts
i painted mine a few weeks ago, took a while but it was pretty easy. a lot of people say they will chip over time but i was so sick of the gray that i painted them, along with the other panels anyway. plus finding black panels for a sedan is almost like finding a needle in a hay stack.

here's a pic...

don't mind the interior, it isn't quite done yet. also, its not as glossy as the camera flash made it seem.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there a how to on how to do this

·
Registered
236 Posts
the only how-to's you'll probably need are the one for removing the door panels and if you want to recover the door inserts you'll need that one too. overall it really isn't that hard to do, just time consuming.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
What about dying the panels? If I were to do this, I want them to pretty much match with the black panels I have for the rest of the interior. How can I get it to match?

·
Registered
236 Posts
i thought about dying mine just to see how it would turn out, i even bought a can of vinyl dye to experiment with but in the end i ended up painting anyway. as far as matching goes, it probably depends on how many coats of paint/dye you use. just experiment with it. the only other advice i can give, which is pretty much the same thought i went by when doing my panels was "if you mess up or don't like the turn out then at least the gray panels are easier to replace" then i started my project with one of the rear doors cuz i figured they would probably be cheaper to replace if need be lol :bigsmile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.