Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So l've been trying to paint my door panels black to match up with the rest of my interior , any way when i get the things painted a few minutes later they turn really milky looking .lve been using krylon fusion gloss black paint and fusion clear coat ...PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
the clear gets milky when its wet but as it dries it should clear up.... why not use a matte clear it would match stock black interior better...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see thats the thing ive used the same brand paint on the rest of my interior and clear coat and it done awesome im just having hell with these doors ive painted and stripped and repainted like 4 times now ...

·
Registered
328 Posts
oh yes humidity sucks for painting ESPECIALLY black ... the black will look milky or cloudy when you spray on your clear. its called blushing. sometimes you can see it before you clear but in most cases, as the clear is drying the blushing will fade out. if you see it before you clear sand lightly with 1000 and try some light dust coats... usually it will all come out and you will never know it happend in some cases if the clear dries to fast it will trap the blushing underneath with no where to go... if this happens let it dry, sand it smooth and try again!

make sure, espeically on hot days with lots of humidity, make sure you give black time to flash (dry) if you start applying more coats before its dry not only can you run it but it can cause problems down the road! even if you finish it up and it all looks great maybe a few days or weeks or month down the road the clear will start to dye back and or peel or bubble. any number of things really so becareful and be patient! wait atleast 15 minutes even on a hot day just to be sure! humidity can also cause things to dry improperly or even almost not at all itll kinda be sticky... so good luck! and post pics when your done!!!

let me know if i can help anymore...

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I don't think stock panels even use clear they aren't glossy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had the panels painted black a while back with some dupont paint that i had read that some people used but it started peeling pretty bad .. bow i have changed my mind about the black im going with blue to match my trim and im putting black vinyl on the arm rests

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
did you prep and prime it? if you didn't make sure you do this time

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
please don't paint your doors all blue that won't look right. If it's the insert that's fine. How do I get my door panels to be exactly like stock? there's gotta be something on it to make it the color it is....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how about sanding it all the way back to stock...skuff it up....use body filler...smooth it down really good ...prime it and paint it ???think it would work

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.