Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a tsudo cat back from a certain mainland company for my balt. What I got in the mail was a "number one" exhaust for an 03 saturn ion coupe. wanted to return it but the shipping costs were prohibitive. I tried signing up for a couple saturn forums and selling it, but no luck. So I decided I should try to make it work if at all possible. So with the help of glowbalt and killarowa and about 6 hours of wrestling we finally ghetto rigged it and amazingly enough it works great! But its ugly as all hell. It sticks out maybe 6 inches or so passed the bumper :( luckily it looks like I can chop the tip off and put a new one on there...
I don't have any pics but killa took some, so hopefully he'll get on here and post em up :)

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

It sounds GREAT btw...Nice deep tone, no raspyness or coughing sounds, nor is it very loud even with the silencer out.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
wow thats sucks i reall thought that the saturn one was close to the cobalt where did u get it?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Crappy cell phone pics...

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats way out of my price rang now, I'm just gonna cut and weld a tip on there one of these days. It's purely cosmetic so it's not super high on my list of priorities right now.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Hope cutting it works out for you, I sure if not at the tip there has to be somewhere within the piping that you can take a few inches out. Nothing pisses me off more than when you order somthing and you get the wrong item or the item is messed up. Would you be willing to say who this certain mainland co is. I do not want to vendor bash but if I order somthing for a customer at the shop and the wrong part comes in, I fix it. If they were a good company that wanted to keep a good repor with you their customers, they would have sucked it up and eaten the shipping charges to make sure you were happy.
Sometimes in business you screw up and do not make any money it has happened to me, but in the end if I fix the problem and make the customer happy at least they cannot bad mouth me or the shop I work at.
They should have paid for shipping back to their facility and then shipped you the correct part, Period.....

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to be vendor bashing either, so all I'll say is they are one of the vendors on this site. Accidents happen, and I'm not too torn up about it. Ive done business through these guys many times without any problems so I'm gonna just leave it at that. If anyone really wants to know I am willing to say through PM.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Screw you rich :p

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yessss siiiirrrr....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status