Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
alright, so I am getting a tsudo exhaust kit for my 2.2 balt. I have been looking at ebaymotors.com...there are two different postings from the same seller. one is for 278 and the other for 223...the only difference i can see is that the more expensive one says ETS in the description and the other says N1..is there a difference between the two? I emailed the seller but thought I would ask you guys for your input...THANKS!

if you wanna see what I am talkin about, go to ebaymotors.com and search tsudo exhaust cobalt. I would post the link but it won't let me! lol...

-PEKO

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it is...sry, thats what i meant when i said they didnt charge s&h, but i can still get it cheaper, and right now a penny is a penny ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, just bought mine! yay! lol...got it off ebay for a whopping $223.XX from Speed Element! Hope it gets here soon so I can FINALLY have a good exhaust!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no prob^^^ i just checked my ebay inbox and speed element already shipped it out with a friggin trackin number...thats what I call fast service! haha...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Once it's installed, the sound from start up may not sound the best, but drive around a little bit to warm up the exhaust, and baby, she will sound SWEET!!!! Sounds like one of those drift cars from "Fast and the Furious". Nice, but not ricey.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well got it today and installed it when i got home, so I leave a short review of it...

Packaging:
Was nicely bubble wrapped and wrapped in a little foam...box was a lil dinged up but nothing that hurt the kit.

Dismantaling stock exhaust was easy...highly recommend getting an exhaust cutting tool from your local hardware store. I stared with that, but hit a flat spot so it wouldnt cut all the way through, so I had to finish it off with a die grinder. Used an impact wrench on the two bolts, they were pretty rusty and tight.

Hanging the first section was a breeze, but make sure you use the right gasket here becuase it is different from the other(has enlongated holes instead of round). Using a copper adhesive(believe thats what it was...haha, my father in law helped here and there) on one side of each gasket helps hold it in place while feeding the bolts through. Downfall here is the company should have supplied you with copper nuts. Everything bolted up nice and easy...The hard/headache part here was hanging the damn thing like Knockbox said in the other tsudo thread in neverenougauto's page. the company needs to fix this small problem. The hangers dont really match up and when you are down there hanging it it is real tight in places, esp against the bumper. This would be an easy fix for tsudo...all that would be needed is to adjust the angle of the hangers, thats all. Luckly my father in law has EVERY friggin tool and pulled out a small "jaws of life" claw that expands with a hydrolic jack. We used this to move the car's hangers around. We got three of the four hangers in decent positions, but the fourth(one near driver side rear wheel) isnt hung yet. We are gonna take the muffler half off either tomorrow or this weekend, cut the hanger off and re-position it so it hangs correctly.

The sound is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Sounds deep and rich, not cheap and doesnt wake everyone in the damn neighborhood! Very noticeable difference in performance...quicker off the start and acceleration...grabs the street a lil more too. This product is of high quality materials...everything is made of stainless steal except the (cant think of correct termanology) "mouths" that connect to the car and the two pieces. The need to supply different nuts and bolts, but im in az so they are alright for my use here. The price was unbeatable for the quality...

I recommend this product to anyone who wants to add style and performace to their car...just be ready to do a little bit of modding to get it to hang correctly!

8.5 out of 10- only because of the hanging problems...
Price- $223.46 from ebay

·
Banned
292 Posts
ya, i'm going to add more bushings to keep it in position and away from the bumper, i don't feel comfortable having someone cut and reweld that hangers... so thats not an option. it sits right were i need it to now, with just the few rubber bushings i put on it, only noticable thing is i get a slight rattle to the bumper when its raining outside which leads me to believe that the water is letting the rubber bushings to move... easy fix though. and x2 on the sound i love it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hells yeah...for the first like 10 min i just sat there reving it up! haha... did you leave the "silencer" in? wonder what kind of differences it would make...lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
took it out a lil while ago...sounds so much better. had it idle w/o it and then just set it in there to see the difference...BIG! its louder but still not "wake ur neighbor loud."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.