Hurst STS
Muffler delete
Stock ss/tc dp cats cleared
YouTube - ss/tc muffler delete

Visual
20% window tint
Partial Debadge (trunk, GM badges)
Tinted tails/side markers
Red painted Boost gauge, dash trim, interior door pull handles, front bowtie.
Black painted headlights, pillars, grilles: upper, lower and rear
MPx shorty antenna(was stolen and now replaced thanks josh!)
Red Cobalt SS decal on wing end caps
Removed rear Headrests

Audio

2 700w 10" Kenwood subs
800W American Pro amp

Fastest 1/4mi ET: [email protected] w/2.26 60'; I/T/ST
Fastest 1/8mi ET: [email protected] w/2.6062 60':stock

Future mods: Unsure

Boost Guage

Wing end cap

Looks so much better without headrests!!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
just unplug the battery and it wont go off lol
Wrong. :) Airbags actually have a capacitor to keep the power for sometime after all power has been disconnected. Most cars say wait an hour or two before removing airbag after disconnecting the battery to keep from an accidental discharge. :)

OP- Nice car :bigsmile:, wish it actually came with the BLACK radio and hvac controls considering the rest of your interior is BLACK. Wow, what is wrong with GM for doing that:suspicious: Question for ya though, why are your times so slow? You have pretty much the same mods I did before I deployed and I was running [email protected] in the 1/4. You should be running right about the same...:weird:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How hard was it to paint your steering wheel trim? I've seen the how too, but I guess I'm just to chicken to deal with an explosive air bag...
it's very very easy. I thought it was going to be difficult so I kept putting it off for about a month. after I finished I couldn't believe how easy it was. In the how to's i have seen they suggest a "pocket screw driver" or "small screw driver" to push the catch pins that hold the airbag in. I didn't have one so I just cut a section of a wire clothes hanger. I did mine without disconnecting the battery nothing happened i just tucked it under the steering wheel so it would lessen the chances of it hitting me.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Wrong. :) Airbags actually have a capacitor to keep the power for sometime after all power has been disconnected. Most cars say wait an hour or two before removing airbag after disconnecting the battery to keep from an accidental discharge. :)

OP- Nice car :bigsmile:, wish it actually came with the BLACK radio and hvac controls considering the rest of your interior is BLACK. Wow, what is wrong with GM for doing that:suspicious: Question for ya though, why are your times so slow? You have pretty much the same mods I did before I deployed and I was running [email protected] in the 1/4. You should be running right about the same...:weird:
I am not sure why my times are so slow. I believe it is a mixture of crappy track and tires. I am 1 of 5 cobalt ss/tc's that run at the track here, I am the 2nd fastest the first is highly modded and tuned "sukxost-white ss/tc on css". The other 3 guys have basically the same mods as I do.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
It might be. What pressure are your tires at? my times were run on the stock conti's spinning completely though 1st and most of 2nd at the track. are you also NLS'ing?

·
Registered
674 Posts
it's very very easy. I thought it was going to be difficult so I kept putting it off for about a month. after I finished I couldn't believe how easy it was. In the how to's i have seen they suggest a "pocket screw driver" or "small screw driver" to push the catch pins that hold the airbag in. I didn't have one so I just cut a section of a wire clothes hanger. I did mine without disconnecting the battery nothing happened i just tucked it under the steering wheel so it would lessen the chances of it hitting me.

thanks for the reply man... it looks easy enough... I might give this a try.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Ah, drop your tires to 20-22 and launch about 2-2500 and you'll get much better times. Your tires may have too much air in them. :) Try it sometime and let me know how it goes. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.