Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read quite a bit about tuning for MPG. How do you do this. I'm only getting 28 out of my 2007 2.2L, 4sp Auto.
Help!

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Some will say that a tune will increase your mpg. I have never seen any hard evidence of this, only rumor and opinion. If you are only getting 28 mpg the problem is not the car. I am sorry to say it's the way you drive, and / or the area you drive in. You seem to live in a pretty rual area, so it's most likely an issue with your driving.

I would look thru the All About MPG section of this forum. You will find a lot of tips and tricks in here, and we are always here for questions and advise.

Once you get to the point that you are averaging 35 mpg with your automatic, then I would look at modding the car for additional mpg if you want more.

I all starts with you. Your driving habits are the largest determining factor in your mpg. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
25.5 and trying??! wow i must be lucky.. though i have a 5spd, i get ~30mpg without trying what-so-ever.. i wonder what i could get if i actually tried

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

i know trifecta can tune for better mileage though, cuz vince can either go more towards performance or economy on his tunes.. just throwing that out there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.