Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
yeah but probably nothing major for 2.2 cobalt owners.

·
Registered
594 Posts
oh ok,maybe I can go that route then instead of the jetchip heh

·
Registered
142 Posts
all i need is a CIA and 2.4 manni swap and this tune would be well worth it.

but i hear the '07-'08 2.2 pmc's are much more complex than the earlier cobalts. is that true?

·
Registered
594 Posts
the only thing I need done is the downpipe and header and well I could do the intake manifold swap still,then tune it with the trifecta,if tuned right probably get 200hp or a little more.:p

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am sure it can happen with out a supercharger or turbo still.Besides that I don't plan on going above 300hp with a cobalt I have plans for another vehicle soon

·
Banned
384 Posts
dude.

sorry to break it to you but no 2.2 will ever make over 200 whp without FI or LOTS of internal work.

Mklurey is only making 210 and thats with a turbo...

dreams are nice tho arent they =)

·
Registered
594 Posts
well I should of been a little more specific of my reply then,I already know internal work would have to be involved just to get gains with out doing force induction:p

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I saw this on ZZPperformance.com . Not sure if it will help the 2.2's thoughcause it says for LSJ but you can order it for Cobalt too. I read it and it says it removes the speed limiter. Heres the link. Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance

·
Registered
673 Posts
If anyone ever hits 200hp on an NA 2.2 Cobalt I will be shocked. I don't think some of you realize what kind of work it takes to get an extra 80 or 90hp out of a car without FI. Basically you are talking about replacing every moving part of the engine and porting, honing, polishing every passage way. Economically speaking it makes no sense to go that route when you could turbo it for 1/3 of the cost.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Only way it makes sense is if you are trying to build and all motor car to run a caertain time at the track. For Example : A few of my friends have built ALL MOTOR 11 Second Hondas.

·
Registered
594 Posts
well any car that has a built motor will always get a good gain of power honestly if they never wanted to go the force induction route.

·
Registered
265 Posts
No joke, considering they start at like 110 whp.
I'm may be getting confused between HP and WHP but I'm pretty sure stock 2.2's get 140 off the lot...

·
Registered
594 Posts
ah **** it,drop in a 350 small block into the cobalt then,it may take quite a bit of work to make it fit but I am sure its worth it:p

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was thinking about maybe along time down the road putting in a 38sc series3... gets my blood moving just thinking about it and from what i understand the tune throu trifecta is pretty simple... its on a pda they send you and you plug and play and it installs itself on your pcm...

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm may be getting confused between HP and WHP but I'm pretty sure stock 2.2's get 140 off the lot...
Yes, you are getting confused. Stock 2.2L Cobalts have like 140-151 chp (crank horsepower). Factor in parasitic drivetrain losses (the power needed to turn the flywheel/gears/driveshaft) and you are left with about 110 whp (wheel horsepower).

·
Registered
142 Posts
ah **** it,drop in a 350 small block into the cobalt then,it may take quite a bit of work to make it fit but I am sure its worth it:p
go for it, make it into ultimate sleeper!:cool:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.