Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i can say that i have been smiling the whole 1.5 hrs back from SMG. This thing is a whole new car. I now know what you ss/sc guys say when you go from stage 0 to stage 2. this is rediculious. This thing has soo much power i feel like a n00b when i get on it because its hard to control and im not use to it :lol:. This kit was put together amazingly and the quailty is out of this world. Everything fit like a glove. Only thing is that my clutch is roast. SLips badly in 3rd/4th gear which affect my dyno. Once i get the graphs posted you will notice how my lines just drop from the slip.
Pics:
------

Vids:
------
Before Dyno - YouTube - Stock dyno Chevy Cobalt 2.2L Sedan
After Dyno - YouTube - Turbo 2.2L Cobalt Sedan Dyno

I dynoed at 201WHP and 225TQ. Fred told me once i get a new clutch in that dosent slip, i should be a bit higher maybe 210ish!.

The Cons:
------------
My idle is a bit weird, goes from 500-1200 sometimes when i come to complete stop, hasnt stalled on me yet but its very close. I am going to email hahn and see if there is possibly a updated tune or a fix for such issue.

Special Thanks to Hahn Racecrat for selling me this kit for a good price. They know there stuff. Another thanks to SMG Autosports (SMGAutosports.com) down in mass. Fred the owner is a great and knows tons about the cobalts. IF you need anything done to your car, this is the place to be at. Nice shop and a very honest guy. Also thanks to OutLaw dyno for allowing me to dyno my car there for a nice price as well!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
holy crow man, and to think i wanted to test drive the SS/TC!!!!!! I want one of those in my 2.4l, lol

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Question for ya...Is the large steel braided line just above the oil pan going to the turbo in an engine block oil galley port?
If it is that may be where I need to tap into to make my oil pressure gauge read engine block oil pressure. Gotta check to see if my 2.4 has it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ya man I need to get me one of these for my SS, I want to let my warranty wear down a bit though

·
Registered
79 Posts
awesome man...i wish i had the money for a turbo right now have fun though

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks great man u mind me askin how much u paid since u said u got a deal on it?

S

·
0 Posts
Very nice.

Get that clutch taken care of... then it'll be time to finish everything in the looks department.

·
Registered
265 Posts
NICE. I'm practically drooling here. I can't tell from the pictures, are you using your stock exhaust headers or are those different?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have the garrett mani, LSJ DP and dc sport exhaust.
Oh gosh I feel dumb, I completely fudged that it comes with the kit... Good to know about the lsj dp though. Good job!

·
Registered
594 Posts
is it only for manual or automatic as well

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.