Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was at the camaro show and a guy had a 2010 CamaroSS but he had twin turbo's before the muffler??!

anyways it did sound awsome but could you do that with a cobalt? would it be easier as you dont need to bother with a turbo manifold?

just a question lol, I'd imagine that turbo lag would be horrendous...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
STS is fine on large displacement V8's that have a low end, but not exactly an optimal setup on a 4 banger.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
there's a cobalt on chevy cobalt forum that has it done. he's a 2.2 pushing about 250 whp i believe. hes looking to twincharge it i think. it is better for v8s to do it.. but if u want to be unique its not a bad idea for a balt.

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
I'd love to do that on mine - would mean I could just stick with the current heat exchanger, and not have to worry about tons of heat in the engine bay...

Hmm...tempting...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah I think there would be a lot of lag. For one as the exhaust goes to exit the vehicle it does cool slightly which would lower pressure getting to the turbo causing it to take longer to spool, not to mention all the extra piping. most STS setups you remove the muffler, turbo will quite the exhaust on its own. If you did do this I would wrap most of the exhaust in heat wrap to keep it hotter. Also keep the stock manifold as it will keep heat in better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.