Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a turbo set up in their automatic balt? if so, how does the tranny hold up? im SCin my auto pretty soon here but then i came across the ZZP turbo kit for the auto, its a bit more pricey but much more power and now im debating which one 2 get, can someone help me out? (dont say "why would you turbo an automatic")

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
auto and turbo go together pretty well actually. think about it, you wouldn't lose as much boost with an auto. you'd just have to turn it pretty well so it'll shift without hurting itself but last i checked we couldn't get a turbo for autos because the piping doesn't fit around it, maybe it has changed recently

·
Registered
360 Posts
Turbo kits for autos are available.
Stage 3 turbo kit install date 5-10-10
Heat exchanger already installed.
I don't have exact numbers here,
but I believe that max torque for the auto
is around 300. Thats more than the 5 speed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
the hhr ss/tc is de tuned to 235 hp and i think 205 ft lbs of torque with the auto trans, and that is the same trans they put in the ls/lt hhr's and the same as the one in the cobalt

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
correct, they do not make aftermarket cams for 07+ I have heard of people getting 05 06 aftermarket cams to work with a lot of custom machining and stuff but IMO it becomes not worth it. I'm gonna save up to upgrade my internals after the summer once my car starts looking nice again

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.