Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..i just pu tthis turbo on my friends balt. the website is
ststurbo.com
They didnt have one just for our cars but they have a universal one. It brought my friends cobalt from 160hp with a cai and full exhaust to 250hp to the wheels. Believe it or not.. Its pretty sik .. its a new type of turbo.. juts figured if neone was intersted u could check it out. I dont need ne comments from ppl tellin me how its impossible...so if your one of those haters on this site dont bother leaving a comment about the impossibility of the 2.2 going fast like in all the other threads.

thnks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks interesting to say the least. Where did you get the parts and what version of the universal did you put on the car?? And who did the install?? Very curious about this seems affordable as well.

·
Registered
594 Posts
which stage kit?I see there is 3 of them.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
you got the dyno chart???? I got enough space under my ride, i may give this a try, and we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
673 Posts
STS turbos FTL! Sorry but they just are. This is sure to start an argument but the location out back is a HORRIBLE spot for the turbo because of the charge piping length, oil line length, not to mention dirt, dust, road salt, speed bumps, and several other problems. Stay away from STS turbos, if you want to turbo do it right and put it under the hood.

What did you tune it with? CAI? How's that work with an STS turbo? it doesn't, the intake is in the rear of the car and is not a CAI. We need pics and dyno sheets ASAP.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Sorry but first, a CAI and full exhaust will not bring a 125whp 2.2 up to 160whp. #2 that turbo will not add another 90-100whp to bring it up to 250whp. Please provide charts otherwise you around 200-210whp. Your stock engine will not handle 250WHP your rods would be gone. So please.... Im a turbocharged 2.2L so im not hating on the 2.2 power level just you cant jsut lie about your numbers LOL

·
Registered
594 Posts
your friend must have more then just a turbo done and a cai and a full exhaust system done honestly,if he has a new head with new cams ect then I can see that happening,but I see dipshits in their dumb honda's completely stock motor with a turbo on it and blowing up the motor because they don't have the right guidance of building a motor to handle a turbo or a supercharger.I am sure he has new connecting rods.Ask him to make a video and post it up on youtube,so we all can see it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
pshh u all are haters...i got 50hp to the wheels from my intake...my exhaust was another 30...that puts me at right around 400hp...lmao...

STS turbos are the shit...just dont lower ur car and ull be fine...ive seen a camaro with an STS go 9.80s on the track...sounds like a jet taking off lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
haha,that is pretty funny actually.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i saw this done to a cobalt on cardomain. Honestly, i think its a waste of time because of the incredible lag you would get from the turbo being that far back.

·
Registered
673 Posts
pshh u all are haters...i got 50hp to the wheels from my intake...my exhaust was another 30...that puts me at right around 400hp...lmao...

STS turbos are shit...just dont lower ur car and ull be fine...ive seen a camaro with an STS go 9.80s on the track...sounds like a jet taking off lol
There I corrected it for you. Just because someone went fast with one doesn't mean it's great. I saw a honda run 9s once too, I'm not rushing to buy a honda.

I also saw a Camaro at the track oil down the hole ****ing track because of his shit STS set up. It's always fun waiting an hour for clean up because of inferior poorly designed products. There has actually been some rumblings of banning STS turbos at NHRA tracks so there you go. That's how great they are. I personally hope they do it and soon.

Be like Lurkey and do the turbo right or don't do it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I second IMA, and third MKulrey, do it right, or dont do it at all.

Stuff like that is likely to show up on Ebay, dont get it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maybe they just installed it like retards on the camaro...ive ssen regular turbos blow hoods right off a car at thr track.. so if i went by wut u said IMADREAMER i shouldnt use ne turbo neways.. or a nos kit bc ive seen plenty blow up engine bays horribly ..my friends works fine and nothing yet..

If you guys dont like it dont get ..i was just providing some ooptions for ppl..

you guys dont need to sound so angry about it..lol

and for whoever asked me wut kit to get ...it just depends on wut hardware u want.. stage three is a complete kit unless it a universal bc then u need some of ur own piping. .
stage two is most of it and stage one is like the bare essentials..

and out of complete curiosity why would they ban it? is it justt o much power for the track...hahaha...jkjk.seriously tho, y might they ban it?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
first off jay DUB, i sat here and read the whole page. so out of everyone, not all people just go off the handle.

Second MKulrey's 2.2L is turbocharged, and i have seen others supercharge their 2.2L, and they are bloody darn fast! so dont be giving crap like that.

Third, the only reason we dont trust a turbo setup like that is it's unconventional, and the initial belief is "being set up like everyone of their pics have it set up, there is no possible way you could avoid turbo lag" Just the way it's set up in the pics they provide, would make even a veteran turbo installer scratch their head in confusion.

As for anything else in regards to going off on us for being "know-it-alls", we have done the research way before you even realised it, there have been discussions on this, and i am not denying it wouldnt work, just the majority of things are pointing it out as not being one of the most viable options on the market.

One more thing, the kits they show in the desc. look like there is only one way of mounting the turbo. Not to say that the whole kit could be disassembled, and the turbo used separately, just that that is the way they wanted it mounted.

Edit: Posted after reading original post.

·
Registered
673 Posts
maybe they just installed it like retards on the camaro...ive ssen regular turbos blow hoods right off a car at thr track.. so if i went by wut u said IMADREAMER i shouldnt use ne turbo neways.. or a nos kit bc ive seen plenty blow up engine bays horribly ..my friends works fine and nothing yet..

If you guys dont like it dont get ..i was just providing some ooptions for ppl..

you guys dont need to sound so angry about it..lol

and for whoever asked me wut kit to get ...it just depends on wut hardware u want.. stage three is a complete kit unless it a universal bc then u need some of ur own piping. .
stage two is most of it and stage one is like the bare essentials..

and out of complete curiosity why would they ban it? is it justt o much power for the track...hahaha...jkjk.seriously tho, y might they ban it?
The talk has been because of the exposed nature of the turbo clamps and things of the nature have been failing due to the elements and this results in oil downs. Sure this CAN happen with an under hood turbo set up but an under the hood turbo doesn't expose the turbo, oil, charge, and other pipes to the elements.

I for the life of me can not understand the case for an STS turbo. I've seen Vipers with twins under the hood, if it can be done in that car a single can be done in a cobalt.

So anyway, how did you tune this cobalt and can we get dyno sheets?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
alright cobaltcrazy...thnks for the knowledge...i didnt mean know it all by the post title.. i meant it like in everyday terms..lol..but wut u said is fine... most ppl just like fly off the handle about shit..u kinda just said wut i needed to say...im cool with that bro...

and my friends car runs fine.. and the lag rele isnt that bad ..and it boogies when he throttles it.. thats all im saying.. its just annoys me when ppl might have done some reasearch but have never put one on a car they own or have driven and say it sucks..

this site is just notorious for that..

jay DuB added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

he brought it down to a place that tunes cobalts...i wasnt with him..ill try to get the dyno from him tho..

·
Registered
673 Posts
alright cobaltcrazy...thnks for the knowledge...i didnt mean know it all by the post title.. i meant it like in everyday terms..lol..but wut u said is fine... most ppl just like fly off the handle about shit..u kinda just said wut i needed to say...im cool with that bro...

and my friends car runs fine.. and the lag rele isnt that bad ..and it boogies when he throttles it.. thats all im saying.. its just annoys me when ppl might have done some reasearch but have never put one on a car they own or have driven and say it sucks..

Why would I put one on my own car, especially since I HAVE done the research. Anyone that researches things well will see exactly what I've said and would make the same decision I and many others have which is to say no to STS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and that viper..are u saying he had twin sts or a normal turbo setup?

·
Registered
673 Posts

jay DuB added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

he brought it down to a place that tunes cobalts...i wasnt with him..ill try to get the dyno from him tho..
With what? That's the thing I'm getting at here.

IMADreamer added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

and that viper..are u saying he had twin sts or a normal turbo setup?
he had twin turbos under the hood. Not STS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wut do u mean with wut? i dont no i wasnt there with him

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.