Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to know if there was a turbo out there for the 2.4L 'balt? I've been looking around and there all for the 2.2

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe the turbo kit for the 2.2 will also fit the 2.4. The blocks are basically the same. Just the bore, stroke, and compression are different.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think I would have to do alot of custom work to make it fit.

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude thats crazy, a 120hp gain, i can do that haha. Thanks alot Gibson I really apreciate it, now i just have to find out how much it is lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think full kits MSRP is 3600 same as the LS. I've researched turbos for our platform for almost 7 months now so I have a lot of info to give. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I wish i was a mod I live on here hahaha when I'm not in class.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only had my car for 5 months now so I just started researching. But 3600 is pretty good. I can't wait to get my taxes back haha

·
Registered
575 Posts
haha sadly mine won't be that much prolly around 500 so im buying the aem unit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure if I'll get the turbo or just get a shitload of smaller less expensive stuff, I'm pretty happy with having around 190hp for now.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm not sure if I'll get the turbo or just get a shitload of smaller less expensive stuff, I'm pretty happy with having around 190hp for now.
190hp?? At wheels or Crank? I hope you mean crank because 190hp at wheels is only 15 shy of an SS/SC

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes at the crank but isn't the SS/SC 205hp at the crank also?

·
Registered
575 Posts
x2

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And that's the reason why we're here lol Hey Gibson was that hanh racecraft turbo putting 290hp at the crank or to the wheels

·
Registered
575 Posts
thats's definately crank it's around 240 at wheels. This is low boost however around 8 psi. 240 at the wheels is gettin it. Imagine if you did full forged internals, LSD, and cranked the boost up. 18psi would be nice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
240 would be enough, especially with 4 1/2 years of warranty left haha don't want to blow the motor that soon

·
Registered
575 Posts
haha well say goodbye to ur warranty if you go turbo. Though the GM build book does suggest a turbo kit from hahn. I would contact GM if you are interested in keeping your warranty.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The warranty only gets voided if the turbo is the source of the problem, if not the warranty is okay

·
Registered
575 Posts
x2 haha the shifter???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.