Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok in my other thread theres been a lot of ideas thrown around and after some reading, i found out that a saab 9-3 turbo and manifold will bolt right on to the 2.2 :) and according to ebay they can be had for about 350-400 for both. the supercharger is a little bit more almost double. staying under the 8 psi limit and a good tune by trifecta. which one should produce more power? and the next question is... which one will be easier to install reliably?

·
Registered
673 Posts
What's your mechanical ability? That will dictate which is easier. Neither is hard if you've got alittle advanced skill, but both are impossible if you don't. lol The turbo is going to require some fabrication for exhaust and charge pipes so keep that in mind. Reliability comes down to you and how much time, research, and effort you are willing to put into your build. If you want to do all the supporting mods to make everything run the way it's supposed to there is no reason you won't be reliable, if you just want to slap it together in a hurry like most people do expect alot of down time.

If you're really interested in what it takes to turbo the car correctly PM me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
it really depends on your power goals. you will get more power from a turbo but you will also be paying twice as much overall then you will for a complete sc kit. like ^ said, it depends on your mechanical ability as to ease of installation. now an sc is a simpler installation. notice how i used simple instead of easy. most sc 2.2s are running low 200shp (depending on other mods of course). with a turbo will get more power. what you need to ask yourself is how much power do you really need/want. then you can go from there.

·
Registered
720 Posts
twin charge

·
Registered
611 Posts
^x2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.