Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been thinking about my future mods and i havent really started any performance mods because i want to have a set plan before i start. so now i've come to the great debate of tc vs sc. theres a guy selling a whole eaton m62 kit with all the components for $2500 on css. he has an auto too and is up to 265bhp just with that kit. i dont really have the money at the moment but that would be my first choice. i was also thinking of getting the garrett turbo essentials kit. about how much power would i expect from that including the tune? and which would you all rather prefer?

·
Registered
673 Posts
In either case piece together your own kit which will be much cheaper then buying one pre assembled.

As for which one to do, it really depends on what you are looking for power wise out of your car. I used to have a sticky here but I think it's gone that explained why you should set goals first then buy parts. It saves you money long term.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
this is just MY opinion. but if i do it, i plan on going sc. its cheaper, easier, and honestly i LOVE the sc sound. if i got any where near 265 to the wheels, that would be more thatn plenty for me. those are some of my thoughts on that issue.
and garret claims 70 hp with the alpha kit.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In either case piece together your own kit which will be much cheaper then buying one pre assembled.

As for which one to do, it really depends on what you are looking for power wise out of your car. I used to have a sticky here but I think it's gone that explained why you should set goals first then buy parts. It saves you money long term.
power (hp wise) im hoping to get atleast 210 to the wheels and not have a big dent in my bank account. piecing together my own kit will be a big struggle for me since im still farely new to modding and a complete noob when it comes to tc and sc. he had a list of the parts in the kit and i was thinking of just going by that list and creating my own kit but i think individually those parts will be more expensive. so idk im going to keep researching and looking around.

this is just MY opinion. but if i do it, i plan on going sc. its cheaper, easier, and honestly i LOVE the sc sound. if i got any where near 265 to the wheels, that would be more thatn plenty for me. those are some of my thoughts on that issue.
and garret claims 70 hp with the alpha kit.
yeah i love the sounds of the sc too and 265bhp would be amazing! im really still looking around and researching before i make my final decision (not that im financially capable of buying either at the moment lol). hopefully i can get some responses from the members that have turbo or supercharged their balts :bigsmile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.