Votes: 10 29.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look, I know there are a bunch of threads on this but my question is which do you have and whichever you have if you can say why, that'd be grrrrreat
Btw, I voted neither and the reason being lack of money and no idea which to choose, hence this post

·
Registered
86 Posts
I say supercharger, not really an Eaton M62 but a Harrop TVS would be nice. I'm a fan of low end power and being able to buil on stock internals

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i would love a supercharger, because of the fact its instant power, theres no lag like a turbo. Also everyoe and there damn mother has a turbo, not to many people have superchargers. But really superchargers should be kept for the bigger v8's, in my opinion, turbos work better for the 4 bangers.

So if i hadto choose, id say turbo for a cobalt. So you can go vroooom pshhh vroooooom.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i voted neither, because i just cannot decide, or i would say TWINCHARGE LOL
I personally like Turbo's cause of the sound and torque they give. but super and turbocharging them is an awesome idea.. i knew a guy who had a 2nd gen eclipse that was and inch off the ground and it was supercharged and turbocharged. it was fast as hell!!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
you can find a twincharged cobalt. zzp performance can hook you up with the kit i think. its balls out ridiculous

·
Registered
86 Posts
you can find a twincharged cobalt. zzp performance can hook you up with the kit i think. its balls out ridiculous
They do have one but tuning sucks with it. If you go that route you really need a custom tune specific to your car.

I think the cobalts reliability holds up so much better with an SC, it would be nice if the TVS was stock on this car. Those superchargers are monsters on this car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I personally like Turbo's cause of the sound and torque they give. but super and turbocharging them is an awesome idea.. i knew a guy who had a 2nd gen eclipse that was and inch off the ground and it was supercharged and turbocharged. it was fast as hell!!!
if it was down to sound, and low end power i would have to say supercharger, i and i wouldnt say that a turbo gives you more torque, atleast it wont give it to you where you need it which is down low. but a turbo will make a hellacious amount of power up top

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
thus making twin charged the best

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just run nitrous.

thats what I do. It only hurts my mpg when im spraying, not to mention it cost a third of what a sc/tc kit will cost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Even with getting on it alot on on-ramps and at several stop lights, and driving 70-75mph for about half my trip, I get 32-35 mpg on my weekend drive to Buffalo which is 300 miles through pa and wny hills. And I know turbo'd 2.2/2.4's are the same. So I wouldn't say gas mileage suffers very much!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just run nitrous.

thats what I do. It only hurts my mpg when im spraying, not to mention it cost a third of what a sc/tc kit will cost.
But it adds up when you have to keep filling the bottle and its more wear and tear on your internals vs. forced induction.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Even with getting on it alot on on-ramps and at several stop lights, and driving 70-75mph for about half my trip, I get 32-35 mpg on my weekend drive to Buffalo which is 300 miles through pa and wny hills. And I know turbo'd 2.2/2.4's are the same. So I wouldn't say gas mileage suffers very much!
You are very correct! A friend of mine that has the TVS setup on his SS is great on gas. He's getting close to 40 gpm and he's pushing well over 300 whp with about 280 trq. I love that setup, thinking about converting to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i love my turbo...not only that...i get..great gas mileage and enough hp to stay ahead of a stock SS/TC. pretty soon ill be doing some new cams..today i installed a new Intake Manifold...and well ill be pushing my GT28 to 18-22psi very soon. Keep in mind...my engine is fully built.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.