Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions as I haven't found a definitive answer on here yet using the search function but:

1. Garrett makes an Essentials Turbo Kit Plus for the 2.2L would this work on the LAP? If not why not just asking.

2. I Have an Automatic if I was able to turbocharge this 2.2L would the tranny be a problem?

3. I want some performance from my vehicle kind of make it a "sleeper" so to speak, I have ordered my catback exhaust and header, and I'm looking for an air intake so what else can I do to maximize performance?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Usually an auto tranny is stronger then a manual.

The catback, header, and intake you mentioned is a good start to gaining horsepower.

What is the link for the turbo kit?

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The garret kit is no longer made. If you buy a header you won't be able to use it with the turbo kit. zzperformance.com makes a good turbo kit for the 2.4 that works on the 2.2. I have the stage 2 on mine. Here is the link... Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance
I guess I should have mentioned I Found A Garrett Turbo Kit... :bigsmile: It's ONLY.... $2100 :laugh:

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370351918124&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2421wt_939

·
Registered
611 Posts
It's up to you which one you buy then. Both will work. You will need a tune before you can drive your car with it though.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
LAP is direct injection, it's got completely different fuel tables than the l61. runs a bit leaner as well, but naturally. one great thing is the flexibility of direct injection!

·
Registered
141 Posts
there is nothing wrong with an ebay turbo, it is possible to get a good one that works correctly. i've seen it done. a local has a g6 2.4 with an ebay turbo, but the manifold is custom.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'd never buy an EBay turbo kit. You get what you pay for. junk.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
LAP is direct injection, it's got completely different fuel tables than the l61. runs a bit leaner as well, but naturally. one great thing is the flexibility of direct injection!
DI FTW!

Nothing like a 150-bar high-rail fuel pressure to play with, ha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.