Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive asked in a few places but no one can seem to help me at all, hopefully someone here can. I would like to turbo my 2008 Cobalt Sport 2.4. I found a saab at the junk yard with the LSJ turbo'd version (I dont want to engine swap) i just would like to know a general parts list of things i should grab. Its the first time ive come across one that had everything. I know i obviously need the turbo the intake and the exhaust manifold, are there sensors i should grab? should i grab the injectors? would i need the fuel rail (i know when SCing you dont need the rail its self) I would just like to grab anything i might need just incase someone else would happen to notice it. Thanks guys i really hope someone can help me because i would hate for someone else to grab it first.

·
Registered
896 Posts
You will want the ECM all top electrical wiring, all of the intake and exhaust to the CAT. There are some oil lines and coolant lines you will also want. There are more things such as extra sensors that will need to be configured and possibly an extra relay added to your fuse box. Check with ZZ performance. They sell a turbo kit and might share their installation guide. You might want to price a new turbo. They can be a wee bit challenging to replace in too short period of time..for a well worn, use turbo,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will want the ECM all top electrical wiring, all of the intake and exhaust to the CAT. There are some oil lines and coolant lines you will also want. There are more things such as extra sensors that will need to be configured and possibly an extra relay added to your fuse box. Check with ZZ performance. They sell a turbo kit and might share their installation guide. You might want to price a new turbo. They can be a wee bit challenging to replace in too short period of time..for a well worn, use turbo,
The ECM? Why? Pretty sure you cant put a saab ecm in a cobalt. And if i did do that i would need to rewire alot of the car like the dash for instance? Ive spoken to alot of ppl and this is the first ecm answer ive gotten. Im not saying your wrong just wondering why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts