Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, just picked up an '08 Cobalt Coupe last week and love it! I've started to notice something though that I'm not even sure is an issue. I'm probably being way too critical of this but thought I'd check to see if this happens to anyone else. Basically when I flick the turn signal arm upwards to turn on the right turn signal the arm moves buttery smooth but when I flip the arm downwards to put on the left turn signal the arm doesn't move nearly as smooth. It takes a bit more force to engage the switch and it just seems strange that there's such a different feel between the switching between the two considering it's the same function. Does anyone else's control arm do the same thing? Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have not noticed it on my 2010 Cobalt. I have noticed that feeling on all my cars if I'm in the middle of a turn in the other direction since the car is trying to cancel the signal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! It doesn't just happen when cancelling a signal it happens every time I hit the left turn signal. It really isn't a big deal and doesn't have any effect on the performance it just has a different feel.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Should feel identical both ways. Handle is fine, but you will most likely need a new turn signal switch located just inside the steering column.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.