Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear drivers turn signal/brake light is out on my 2005 cobalt LT. I tried taking the 2 screws out, but the assembly will not move. i cant make heads or tails out of the owners manual. if i pull back the carpet and undo the cargo net, there is a long threaded rod with a nut on it, but i can not get to it becasue the factory speaker is in the way. please help, i really need to relace the bulb.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
if its the rear, just twist out the plug/connector thing, then you need something small to pop the bulb out. You shouldn't have to take out any bolts/nuts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can't get to the wires or the bulbs. thats the problem. they seem to be accesible only by moving the light assembly, but i can't figure out how to move it. the owners manual says to undo the trunk trim, but i can't find any trim at all to move. the weatherstripping around where the trunk lid seals seems to be the only trim there at all. i removed the two screws on the outside of the assembly, but all that will allow is the assembly to wiggle, not come out from the body, and i'm afraid to force it becasue i don't want to break anything. like i said, i took off the cargo net wing nuts and pulled the carpet back, but the only thing i can see there at all is a hole smaller than a quarter and farther back from that, a long thin threaded rod with a small nut on it approx. equal to where the assembly feels like it is sticking, but i can't get to the nut becasue the pioneer stero speaker is in the way. the wiring harness and bulbs are not accesible at all without moving the assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think maybe i didn't clarify well enough, my car is a four door sedan cobalt, its an LT, it has a single tear drop shaped light assembly on each side of the car. i did finally get the assembly loose, i bought a long very thin wrench that fit the nut and got it off and the assembly pretty much just fell out, exposing the wiring harness and the part where the bulb screws into place. i think the reason why you two guys didn't understand me, is i believe you both have coupes, and the tail lights are differant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.