Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 base coupe 5 speed and my turn signal clicker starting acting stupid today. The signals flash, but the clicker doesn't make any noise about half the time. The door chime still works and the front speakers work. Anybody had this problem before?

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Well, now my door chime just quit on me. I've read that on some Cobalts (06 and later?) the door chime and signal clicker run through the LF door speaker. Mine's an 05 and I've already replaced both door speakers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd bet it's the speaker again. IIRC the problem is water getting into the door and ruining the speaker, so if water is still getting in, it is possible to keep happening.

Keep an ear on the audio. If it starts sounding like you have water in your left ear, it's the speaker.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Music sounds fine from the door speaker. If I adjust the balance and fade all to the LF, it sounds fine. I just noticed that I can barely hear the door chime if I have my head up under the dash. It's faint. And nothing comes from the speaker unless the radio's on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i just ran into the same problem is there anyway you can seal the inside of the door so that condensation and water cant get in... i know you can mat the door for sound purpose....what would you guys suggest cause i know its water

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.