Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new and wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I have a 2007 Cobalt SS that I just replaced the turn signal lever on. The old one wasn't going back after a turn so I went ahead and bought a new one. It worked perfectly around the neighborhood but after getting on the highway it started doing the same thing as the old one! Now the brand new lever won't go back and it doesn't even make the click sound that the old one did

·
Registered
949 Posts
It worked perfectly around the neighborhood but after getting on the highway it started doing the same thing as the old one!
Wait, so are you doing a full 90 degree turn on the highway? If not, it's not going to auto-cancel. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the problem here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes getting out of my neighborhood and going onto the highway requires me to make full 90 degree turns. Even going to work this morning they stay on until I put the lever back. With the old broken one I could at least hear it click when it was suppose to

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used his guide to take my old one apart and knew it was completely toast. The new one that I installed shouldn't go out this quick? Either way I'll probably take It out after I get home and see what's going on

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
yea that i find odd myself, my car has been doing the same thing for a while now i just haven't looked into opening the thing yet. i plan to soon though, i just hope i don't have to buy a new one. Was the new one you bough OEM?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the new one I bought was the ACDelco D6254E GM Original Equipment Turn Signal and Headlamp Dimmer Switch from Amazon. It worked perfectly for the first drive I took after installing it

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
that's odd, wish i could help more but i'm not sure what the issue is there.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Sounds like you may have just gotten a lemon of a replacement. Did you buy it brand new? If so, maybe ask for a replacement or refund.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fixed!! I took apart the steering cover and noticed that once I put everything back the top cover pushed the lever out enough that it didn't fully click into place. Now it's back up and running good as new fully seated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.