Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all it's been awhile and I finally replaced the turn signal module, you can view that thread here How to Replace Turn Signal Lever
My issue was the signal stayed on after a turn, made me crazy.
The job was simple enough just follow the thread above.
Everything worked as it should.
So l opened the old unit, 4 small Phillips head screws.

Under some small parts there is a white plastic part that should rock to cancel the signal. This part was broken.

This tiny broken part is what kept the unit from functioning properly. The lever must have taken a hard hit or pushed beyond it's limit to break this little rocker part.
The link above also mentioned the small springs ( something like a leaf spring) they were also bent beyond their limit.
I hope this helps someone as this part is below the spring mount and can be overlooked.
Hey the new module was only $19.99 on sale at amazon, more than $10 off and free shipping.
So, be kind to your turn signal lever or it will make you crazy.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I replaced my switch last year. It just went out again, but for another reason. It was making the parking light fuse blow. Not sure what went wrong but had to buy another one. I may be able to get the first one replaced under warranty but unfortunately the Pepboy’s where I bought it now only sells tires and will likely have to order one, if they even honor the warranty. This time I bought it at O’Reillys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts