Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my turn signals work just fine. they light up in the dash and come on when i need them to...but for some reason the ticking noise went out. its not really a bother cuz the point is for them to just work righht? but its annoying that the ticking isnt there. im just too used to it. and i hate when people in my car tell me that i didnt use my signal when i turned cuz they didnt hear the ticking. anyone know whats up???

·
Registered
911 Posts
its the relay that makes the clicking noise, check urs to make sure its still good..think its located under the hood in the fuse panel, but don't quote me on it, it may be inside the car

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know the abreveation for the relay? i took a quick gander in both fuse boxes but none of them looked like they would be it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Now u know why I said Don't Quote me lol..I'm used to imports, well on my previous cars it was relays

·
Registered
867 Posts
the cobalt does not have a relay, the cobalt turn signals run through the PCM in the car, the sound comes from your speaker in the front left
this
similar problem here, but its just my speaker gone bad. :)

test it by setting your radio to only play front left. no sound = toasted speaker.
and this

yo jozay this happened to me when i first got my car, its most likely your drivers side speaker, cuz when i had it replaced, it came out ticking again, but now i dont have it on (ticking noise) anymore, idk why but it has something to do with my pioneer head unit, speaker works fine in my case though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.