Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turned Car Off in Gear/help

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ChevyCustSvc 
#1 ·
My son turned off the car in gear and attempted to take out key and it got stuck. I have key out now by pushing button inside column, but car will not do anything now. Put key in, turn ignition and nothing happens, no light, no crank nothing.

please help.

#6 ·
ok, I unplugged batt for about 15 min. hooked it back up and nothing. turn ignition and no lights, no sound, nothing. Also, I have to keep pushing the button in column to get key out everytime.

not sure what else to do. Is there a lever from the auto stick to key that pushes and allows key to be removed?

Thanks for your help.

#9 ·
Sounds like you blew a fuse but which one and why. Does your dome light come on?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Maybe the big 50amp BCM fuse in the trunk beside the battery ground cable.

#10 ·
50 amp in trunk is good, dome light is on.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

I took out the 50 a fuse and checked it. It's good, but now I have no dome light. I'm at a loss.

#11 ·
Did you check the fuses under the hood like IP IGN fuse or park/neutral fuse?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

How long did you disconnect the battery for? You need at least 15 minutes If you want your car to do the relearn.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Seems to be some coincidences in your case. Press the brake pedal and listen if you hear the shift solenoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.