Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2006 Cobalt LS nearly stalls any time I turn on the A/C and am stopped. It'll dip down to right around 500 rpms, idle rough for 1/2 second or so, then idle back up and be fine. But if I rev the engine for any reason and let it come back down, it'll do it all over again. This is especially annoying in stop and go traffic!

NOTES:
1. It never actually stalls and the A/C does blow cold.
2. The battery is new-ish -- but the problem occurred before then too.
3. I replaced the plugs in the last 500 miles -- the problem occurred before and after.
4. Ditto on changing coolant (replaced with the green stuff, not dex-cool) in the last 200 miles.
5. The car never overheats -- nominally 189F, max seems around 225F in stop & go traffic in central TX.

Does this sound like a sensor problem? How can I diagnose what's causing the issue?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I assume you have cleaned throttle body.

ECM is suppose to send a rev-up signal to "TAC"throttle when fans come on. Is the right hand fan coming on when you turn A/C on? If not check fuse. If it does check connections at fan control module.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Does it "almost" stall when you release the gas pedal too, if so, try cleaning the throttle body, this fix costs nothing, well one can of carb cleaner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.