Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TWM short shifter and it doesn't seem to have a screw/locking nut that I could remove the shift knob to replace the shift boot. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
What?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Knob from shifter stick???
Hmmm rotate the knob I guess??.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a TWM short shifter and it doesn't seem to have a screw/locking nut that I could remove the shift knob to replace the shift boot. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?
So, you have a TWM installed and can't remove the knob? Or you want to install a TWM and can't remove the stock knob? The TWM shifter has a tiny set screw at the base of the knob. The factory shift knob is locked with a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a TWM short shifter already installed and I want to remove the knob so that I can replace the torn shift boot. I'll look tomorrow about the screw and try to remove it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Just twist the knob off counter clockwise. I take it you didn't put it on yourself then, previous owner.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It's really easy you have two pieces you just need to adjust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't need to adjust it, it's just a little loose. Plus I want to swap out the shift boot. I tried to turn it and it just won't budge past maybe a quarter of a turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.