Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been exactly two years since I picked up my new 2009 XFE. 26,700 miles later, not one problem with the car. Power steering recall has been resolved under warranty.

Regular maintenance is all it's needed. Very happy with the car, efficient and economical. In other words, cheap. Hand-cranking windows and locking and unlocking one door at a time is no big deal for an old timer like me.

As a second car, a short-range vehicle, it can't be beat.

Nick Diaz
Middletown, MD :)

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am 4 years and 2 months with mine 07 ls just hit 50000!

·
Registered
144 Posts
2 and a half years and 80,000

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
4 years and 46k miles later, blown engine, then new motor comes in and now 2k miles later and still running like a champ lol

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Glad to hear it's still running well. I'm about a year and a half and just hit 13k

·
Registered
498 Posts
About a year and a half for me and i just turned 25000. The only issues so far are steering motor replaced under warranty (like everyone else) and the shift indicator spring thing broke on my automatic so it didn't indicate what gear I was in and that was fixed under warranty also.

The only problem I have right now is keeping it clean during this nasty Michigan winter. Too cold to wash it by hand and if I ran it through the car wash it would be dirty by the time I got home!

I do have some of the luxuries though, automatic windows, power locks, remote start. I'm a spoiled old timer.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
1 year and 4 months with my XFE. I have loved this car since the first day I bought it. Up to 66,500 miles. 36,000 I put on it.

It has been such a great car, my wife has suggested that she might want a sedan version with the power stuff I do not have.

·
Registered
911 Posts
2 years and 6 months that I've had my LT sedan...had 22k on it when I bought it, have 113,900 kms on it now...best car I've owned

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
good to hear that your cobalt is working out good for you !!! I got main for 3 mounts and its been amazing to me !!!I pick it up brand new and already have 3500 miles on it, the car went trough its first oil change. Hope will last forever, I LOVE HER!

·
Registered
197 Posts
exactly one year for me on 12/23 and i'm at 12,500 miles

so far:

-new ignition cylinder (original one broke and my key got stuck inside)
-new trunk (dealer installed spoiler improperly causing rust at 6 months)
-power steering replaced (recall)

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's been exactly two years since I picked up my new 2009 XFE. 26,700 miles later, not one problem with the car.
Mine is EXACTLY the same car, but is 1 year old, and only 1000 miles :) (i'm 75 years old and only drive to grocery store once a week). Absolutely NO problems. Did not do the steering thing yet, but the steering is perfect as is.

Great, great car :love: !!!

Cheers to all for the season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.