Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got pulled over Sat morning at like 3 am, and the cop tells me that Blue ground effects are illegal in Columbus and that they are also now illegal everywhere in Ohio, that blue and red are reserved for emergency vehicles.

Im going to have to look further into this one bc I have looked it up before... Also he said I was driving without my lights on, but really I had them on but they couldnt see me from behind because of my "painted tail lights".

And of course I must have taken out my insurance card when i got a ticket at the end of June, so I had no proof of insurance. BUT...

They let me go with a warning, told me to drive without my neons on and to lighten up my tail lights so they are brighter at night. But now Im stuck with what to do. I think I'm going to keep the underglow but just use it for show.

The tails are a diff story. Im not sure if I will like the tails only lightly nightshaded, What does everyone think for a laser blue balt? Also If anyone who has nightshaded tails that arent blacked out or real dark, please post pictures of them.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

R.I.P. Blacked out tails, I Love You, You will be missed :cry:

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Cops never like mods on anyones car.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
no need to buy new ones, take laquer thinner and scrub it off, and wipe it off before it dries, ive done my 3 or 4 times...i had the nightshaded eyelids on, i took those off...id them the same...it was a warning...weve all gotten them...it will scrub
right off with something like an S.O.S. pad...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah my neons were a rice magnet anyways, hondas always see me and want to race... But im going with a clean look, so it will be black and blue, lowered with wheels, tinted and was going to be blacked out tails, now i have to figure something else out

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also I had gone up high street to worthington and back and I passed like ten cops and even accidentally chirped my tires and redlined the balt trying to get around a retarded taxi, right in front of a worthington police car. And he didnt even pull out and follow me, so i dont know what was with these cops, and they were driving a columbus swat van or something

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah Nathan say **** it did u get a ticket or a warning ticket or just a warning , just keep them n say **** it haha

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just a warning, no ticket, no warning ticket but columbus and springfield cops and state troopers and south charleston cops are all out to get people for stupid stuff

·
Registered
339 Posts
Awww really mike! Hmmm so Nathan u excited to get ur blue lights for ur ride headlights n also I'd only use the neons only for show or just parking ya know

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
that gauge kits gonna be fun...lol...hopefully it isnt too freaking hard to put in...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.