Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just want to start off by saying, this is not my car, nor have I worked on this car, but I do know the guy working on the car, BTF (Bald Turbo Freak). This looks like a fabricators NIGHTMARE, but the car looks AMAZING and can't wait to see the end results when he updates... Check this out..

700hp Compound Turbo Set-up (gt2871r & gt4094r turbos) - evolutionm.net

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Banker was telling me about a guy that is trying to put the drivetrain of the sky in a balt. That would be sweet!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Banker was telling me about a guy that is trying to put the drivetrain of the sky in a balt. That would be sweet!
Well it is completely do-able as the cobalt chassis has the drivetrain channel for it. I was actually looking to convert mine to either a 6spd (which you can do), or fab up an AWD system setup for it. RWD has been done on a cobalt already, and plus, awd is much more fun than fwd or rwd..

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
AWD would be awesome. I'm not much of a fan of 6 speeds. I tried it on a SE-R (maybe that was my problem) and was not impressed. Too much work for such little difference, that car had some mad wheel hop too, not suprising since the owner was a dink!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6spds are nice when you get them geared right. 5spds are stronger yes, but it's easier and proven faster to have a 6spd as the gear ratios are closer and they don't need to lengthen the gears so much between 4th and 5th. At least in my evo and all the other 5/6spd cars I've driven, once I get into 5th gear, it really takes some work to keep up with a 6spd car in 5th gear just because of the extra gear ratio being closer and he still has 6th gear to rely on that is still lower than my 5th so all in all he is still faster top speed wise too..

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
thats one serious build. since I live in canada and have to pay $10 for a 10piece nugget meal, and therefore can't understand how cheap you people get things. Anyone have any idea on the cost of this project? to me it seems like you may aswell just buy a faster car prebuilt, but maybe in the states its not that pricey?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure since BTF is prototyping it (like he did with my 3076r kit on my cobalt), he cuts HUGE deals on it. I'm sure this whole setup is only running around $5k. Shouldn't be much more than parts as BTF LOVES taking on huge projects like this, and the worst part is, he's good at it.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Also, he probably doesn't give a flying F about money. Some people just do it to have fun!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^Agreed

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It's nowhere near as impressive when a rich guy does up a car, compared to the guy who worked for every mod. That just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
No jealousy. I'm a v8 rwd domestic only kinda guy. This might be domestic but def not v8. Most ppl that work hard for their money don't spend it like that unless they have lots.

Previous statement stands

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No jealousy. I'm a v8 rwd domestic only kinda guy. This might be domestic but def not v8. Most ppl that work hard for their money don't spend it like that unless they have lots.

Previous statement stands
I can agree to this statement in a way. I can see where you're coming from on this, but some people work hard for their money and save up long enough to get enough to pay for something like that. I mean, if you really want to know about saving, look up the cost of an AMS 2.3LR Evo 1-9 motor cost. That will tell you about saving to get what you want for sure.:blink1:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.