Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is an extremely boring story, but I'm posting to settle down...lol

So, as some of you know, I'm an Army reservist and I'm a 31B (Military Police). My goal when I turned 17 was to join the Army and woop ass, so I went to my recruiter on my 17th Birthday, and I signed my contract 6 days later on July 11, 2008 as a reservist, my recruiter had told me that it was easy to switch from reserve to active, so I figured I'd just be reserve until I got out of school, well it didn't happen due to my chain of command. I went to training a week before my 18th Birthday, graduated last November from MP school (OSET). I put in my unconditional release request in March 2010, I talked to my Commander and he SAID he gave me his "blessing" to help suggest me for release...well I followed up every drill, asking if anything had been said or sent back with no reply...until last drill I got tired of waiting, so I went to my nearest Congress Representative and filed a Congressional...basically a Senator asks wtf is going on with the paperwork. Two days after that, I recieved word from my UA(unit administrator) that the commander denied my unconditional release, so basically it got shot down from the get-go. At this point I had lost all hope, I figured that was all that was going to be done. So I got a call today stating that I should have an e-mail on my Army E-mail, I asked what it was, I was told that my paper-work made it to a 3-star general in less than a week from the time my congressional was filed...I'm beyond excited, it can't be explained how happy I am right now, which is why I'm posting this...lol...I'm going to talk to my recruiter and get a new date to sign a new contract...I hope to reclass to a Combat MOS rather than a Combat Support MOS...we'll see what is available, and also I may get to choose my station, I hope there's somewhere on the East Coast close to PA/WV or at least on the East Coast...yep I'm done reverse venting here...can't wait!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Congrats

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Congrats man. If it's what you want it's a good thing. Sounds like your commander was a little 8up with stupid. I don't think he'll be pullin that crap again, although you are def off of his Christmas list. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.