Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if yu could use those jumper points under the hood to get power instead of having to run cables all the way to the trunk?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I'm wondering is can I use the under hood points to get power for an accessory?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
yeah you can. All my LED accessories are run from either underhood or under dash fuse panels... Wheel well LED's are runs directly off the positive and negative posts your talking about.... I've got nothing going to the trunk bat ecept sub/amp power

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you hook the lights into the fuse box? I'm planning on putting a couple lights under the dash and under the front seats and wiring them into the fuse box would prolly be even easier.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
On your fuse box is the positive jump spot. your ground is your strut tower mount bolt on the driver side. :)

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mean the cabin fuse box. I'd love figure out how to tap into that to get power for my lights :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
^^ You'd be better off running the wires and making a whole new sport for a fuse and whatnot onto your fusebox.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I have my neon wires hooked up to the battery in my trunk...A lot easier to hide under the carpet than under the hood

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's true...well I still have some time to figure it out, my lights still haven't shown up yet :( sorry globalt, I'm prolly gonna have a thousand ?'s for you and killa at the BBQ :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
This could help people out, it`s called "add-a-circuit". I use it every time.
just be sure that if you need to use a 20A fuse for your new circuit, pick a spot that already has a 20A fuse there. NEVER pick a spot that has a fuse at a lesser amperage.

local parts stores should have`em in stock, or at least be able to get them quickly.

·
Registered
680 Posts
One of the cool things about a cobalt...
Jump from the front, or if more convenient, jump from the back =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.