Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time since I got it, I took my valve cover off today. For having over 100,000 miles on it, I feel like the inside is pretty clean. Everythings got what appears to be clean oil(I changed it like a week ago) and I dont see anything id call sludge. The timing chain doesnt seem to have any slack in it either...

So before I put the cover back on, is there anything I can do here? Any further cleaning or some sort of treatment I can do? Im going to clean out the inside of the valve cover, but should I check anything with the cams, valves, etc?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Looks good to me.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, sweet. I was going to swap the thermostat because Im getting p0128 CEL and everything else seems fine, but ended up not wanting to bother with it since Ill be removing the header in a week to install some remflex gaskets and hopefully stop an annoying sounding leak.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

So hopefully this isnt another thing to put in the "Im an idiot" file, but I sprayed the inside of the valve cover with some stuff to clean it up and then decided to try blasting it with my garden hose. I didnt bother to think that water would get inside the valve cover through the vent opening and such, so now im having trouble getting it all out.

Is letting it sit in the sun for a couple hours with the vent facing up right best method or is there more I can do?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. that little of water won't do anything.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just blast it with air or leave it in the sun for an hour. But any water will vaporize in no time once you start the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.