Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Underbody Kit--Do or Don't

3K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Powered By LE5 
#1 ·
Hey guys

As you may know by now, i am new and just bought a new 09 ls coupe. I am planning some engine and performance mods on this ride, unlike my last ride, which was a riced out 01 civic with 220k on it lol. I am putting blue led tubes under the dash (i have them from the old car), but should i go with a blue underbody kit on the new 'balt as well? I don't want this car to be too ricey, i been through the stage, but i do have the kit sitting at home. I could sell it but proly not for much. The kit works perfect but one tube is cracked from bottoming out and shit montreal roads. Tell me what you think people!

#5 ·
My cobalt is silver ice metallic, and my touchscreen dvd has blue background and my underdash kit is also blue so it would all go. the underbody kit i have of course is blue, and i really don't like the look of white underbody kits but that's just me lol. So i dunno wether to use it or sell it...let me knwo what you all think.

#9 ·
alright, no underglow on my new ride. I will sell all and save for an air intake. not sure cai or sri yet the intake thread doesnt help much everyone keeps changin their mind lol. I will post pics next week when i get my whip.

#11 ·
cool. duude again i freakin love your tails hope i can do the same without bein *****ed out by the cops lol

#13 ·
Wanna get something awesome, forget underbody lights, anyone that has lights, gets underbody...so you see em' everywhere, thats my I have the light kit I have which is a Varad Vision Suspension Light kit, I think im the only person on this website with a LED suspension kit, I know twistedbalt has the blue tubes or something like that. check it out. its a single green waterproof cased LED mounted behind each wheel.

All the LEDs are wired to a control box under the dash that is wired to this panel used to control the brightness/effects and also the bass effect where the lights are wired into the right speaker to beat with either the mid, hi, or bass!

And the final result when the lights are on a higher brightness setting in this.

It will look even sicker once I get the lowering springs in and on :)
what do you think of the lights? I hate underbody kits, but I love these, mainly cuz i get ALOT of compliments and nobody really has the kit (took proffessional installers 12 hours to install the kit too btw, lol_)

#14 ·
thats cool but similar enough to underbody kits. imean i have a bunch of blue led kits I can wire up at home and put around/under the car's body its just not the same though and takes much more time to install. My underbody kit is already led's and bass activated etc but i took that control box off cuz i wanted solid color, no flashing. but i have decided to just sell the kit for now and work on the engine/window tint/suspension. Thanks for your input and ideas though guyz!

#16 ·
i vote no to underglow

#18 ·
well i find that underglow is acceptable if its not on a rice car. a 350z is not rice...it's power and potential. rice is more like crappy, old, or wannabe race cars which are modified in bad taste lol like huge spoilers or exhausts which do nothing for the car. Atleast that<s how I see it. My cobalt coupe is not exactly a super fast car, so i don<t think i need to show it off too much with underglow. Ill do underdash lighting though lol.

#23 ·
ok so your not gonna like me but you wanted opinions... so don't take it personally.. :) neon lights wherever you put them are rice.. especially blue.. i had that on my civic and everyone laughed at me.. im just trying to save you the heart ache man.. do yourself a favor and get rid of every neon light you have! less is more on these cars imo. and you don't need to be glowing to be cool. sell all that junk to a ricer and get lowering springs for your car.. it will look 100 times better, and your handeling will increase. but thats just what i would do, so.. and im sorry if i sounded like an ass, im really a nice guy:bigsmile: just trying to help out a fellow cobalt owner.

#24 ·
i dont have the underglow but i have the interior under-dash lights that are red. i would eventually put underglow on my car, but i'm not gonna be keeping the cobalt all that much longer. eventually it's gonna turn into a 2010 camaro i hope lol. personally i'm with snake. as long as you dont go around showing it off everywhere you go, you do it just cuz you like it, thats fine. no matter what you could do appearance wise someone would say its rice lol. no offense to jdmwannabe. its just the way it is.

#26 ·
i agree with jdm, any kind of neon just isnt my thing..
theres no reason for it..it just says flashy..and there is alot of other simple things u can do like lowering springs, that will make your car look ten times better than any neon could..

but thats just me..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.