Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Universal Oxygen Sensor Wiring

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mutant 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could confirm downstream universal oxygen sensor wiring for me. It is a Bosch sensor, with black, gray, and 2 white wires. That is simple enough because the installation guide lists what each of those corresponds to. I just need to make sure that I hook up to the correct wires on the engine side. It looks like I busted one sensor already by wiring it incorrectly by accident.

On the engine side I have a purple/violet, pink, and 2 that look like some form of gray/brown. Now my assumption is that purple/violet is Signal+, pink is Signal-, and the other two are heater where there is no polarity. I previously hooked up the pink on to a heater wire on the sensor, which must mean that one of the heater wires was hooked up to the signal wire on the sensor, which most likely busted the previous sensor. Such is life. I kept getting P0141 code, but when I hooked the old one up the way I think is right now, I actually started getting other sensor codes (36, 138 ), which leads me to believe that arrangement is right (but I still had 141, but I guess that is understandable...).

I just want to make sure I don't mess this sensor up, because it is money, and also I am HORRIBLY late with my emissions testing, and I can't keep resetting the OBD monitors or I'm never going to get this done :amazed:.

Thanks very much for any help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Give this a shot:

Sparkplugs.com

Violet is Signal +, Pink is Signal -, and the Browns are heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.