Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this is a dumb question but how do you unplug the MAF sensor? There's a white piece on top where I can unclip but it just loosens. I don't wanna yank the plug.

I've unplugged maf's in the last few Fords when cleaning the sensors but this one's tricky.

Reason: to someday install a GMPP intake. Otherwise I'd just already unclipped the airbox for checking the air filter.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So all I have to do is screw in the maf/plug assembly on whatever intake I desire?

·
Registered
248 Posts
yup...just 2 tiny screws. takes about a minute...

unless you make the intake, then you have to drill a hole for the MAF then make sure its snugg...

but if your planning to get a k&n or ingen or gmp or any of the leading brands out there, they already have the MAF hole and the 2 little holes for the screws.

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah unpugging is a *****. trust me. just take the screws out

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imagine replacing the sensor lol!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more q though. How do you remove the plastic cover, part of the stock intake tube? There's a piece of rubber between that and the engine. Do you just yank it out?

·
Registered
212 Posts
unplugging is really easy, though it's a 2 step process unlike other standard connectors. First you must remove the white retainer, then it's pull up and remove like other connectors.

I don't have pics readily available but if you can find me a pic of take a pic yourself I can tell you exactly what to do. It's really not hard and you shouldn't have to force anything.

Also, when replacing your intake, though not necessary, but unplugging would be the most cautious thing to do to prevent any accidents from damaging it. If you remove the 2 screws it will stay attached to the harness.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

One more q though. How do you remove the plastic cover, part of the stock intake tube? There's a piece of rubber between that and the engine. Do you just yank it out?
if memory serves me right that rubber thing your talking about is held by a pop-up pin. Just follow it and see where the attachment point is.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The engine cover just pops right off, but if your talking about the plastic piece that sits on top of the throttle body...that is actually the factory intake...which is lame.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Unplugging is pretty easy as stated before. if it's anything like my SS's, you pull the white retainer clip back, and pinch down on it and it pulls apart. takes me 5 seconds to do it on mine. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.