Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to update you guys on my interior. installed one piece of trim so far. also got the other two pieces next to the steering wheel done but have to sand em. here are the pics.
the top is a little bumpy but just wanted to see how it looks, gonna sand it down

the difference with my trim is that i made my cf trim on an a centerpiece that didnt have the heated seats buttons and removed it so i can put it on my trim that does have the buttons.

next i just have to silicone the piece on.

the good thing about this is that i officially am saying that i can do interior trim pieces to anyone that wants one. for now i will be able to do one set at a time. but if it goes well for me at the begining, i am willing to do other colors like blue and red. Maybe orange or silver also. just send me a pm. price will be $170 shipped and you dont have to send me ur trim. Ill send the finished product to you and all you have to do is silicone it on.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
mhm i might have to do that i just will have to wait to see someone who gets the blue so i can see it but your car is so sweet as i said on cardomain

·
Registered
403 Posts
so you would send us the carbon pieces and we silicone them to the current trim?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
WOW 170$! damn CF is expensive, i couldnt imagine spending that much on a couple trim pieces. id rather paint my dash for 5$ and then buy a cold air intake or something.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mhm i might have to do that i just will have to wait to see someone who gets the blue so i can see it but your car is so sweet as i said on cardomain
Thanks for the comment
so you would send us the carbon pieces and we silicone them to the current trim?
yeah. Just use rtv silicone
WOW 170$! damn CF is expensive, i couldnt imagine spending that much on a couple trim pieces. id rather paint my dash for 5$ and then buy a cold air intake or something.
carbon fiber is pretty expensive being that I have to buy it by the yard. But it's not just the cf fabric but labor too. It takes about three days to make a piece

·
Registered
455 Posts
3 days to make a piece? your like the carbon fiber king too so much for me trying it myself lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thanks for the comment

yeah. Just use rtv silicone

carbon fiber is pretty expensive being that I have to buy it by the yard. But it's not just the cf fabric but labor too. It takes about three days to make a piece
Yeah i know, im not saying your overcharging. im just saying, damn CF is ass expensive lol. I think ur price is actually pretty good, ive seen these go for over 300.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 days to make a piece? your like the carbon fiber king too so much for me trying it myself lol
ha ha thanks.
Yeah i know, im not saying your overcharging. im just saying, damn CF is ass expensive lol. I think ur price is actually pretty good, ive seen these go for over 300.
thanks, i have seen prices on cf go up to $300 also.

·
Registered
80 Posts
good job man

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Already have two possible orders. Just waiting for the ok and I'll get started. Of it goes well imma have the wifey help out. Ha ha

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
center piece is on

just finished glueing with rtv silicone to my center trim. i really gotta get black interior pieces

stay tuned for the rest.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Dude that is friggin unique. I like it very much. Now get those black panels ASAP and it will be tits!!!! :nuts:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sup Eric. Thanks for the coments. Hey if you want anything wrapped in cf I can do it in blue.ok

also just purchased a black center console and got lucky cuz I found the fuse box covers in black too. The other side also

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
hmm no idea what i'd have done though lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.