Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I like it! that looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when you're done. Is the bowtie gonna light up?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it! that looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when you're done. Is the bowtie gonna light up?
Yea, I made it out of plexi-glass, then frosted it so you can't see through it, then put a neon tube directly behind it

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice man!!!! what exactly does your plate say??? i think i may know
It came off of my Cougar. I had just renewed my plates a couple months before I bought the Cobalt, so I didn't feel like paying for new plated right away again. I'm getting new ones in March when I renew my tags.

And thanks for the compliments on the trunk!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Yea, I made it out of plexi-glass, then frosted it so you can't see through it, then put a neon tube directly behind it
i was just about to ask about that :)

Lookin good, but IMO the port could be bit cleaner, and im not fellin the gap up top, are you going to be putting a neon there?

oh and clean those speakers :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was just about to ask about that :)

Lookin good, but IMO the port could be bit cleaner, and im not fellin the gap up top, are you going to be putting a neon there?

oh and clean those speakers :D
Well, the port isn't finished yet. It is gonna be getting some sort of mesh or something over it to kinda blend it in more. And yes, there will be a neon going in the gap up top. I left the gap up top because when I had it cut flush, there wasn't enough room to get the board into the trunk, and I couldn't get to the release to lay the back seat down.

M

·
0 Posts
Well, the port isn't finished yet. It is gonna be getting some sort of mesh or something over it to kinda blend it in more. And yes, there will be a neon going in the gap up top. I left the gap up top because when I had it cut flush, there wasn't enough room to get the board into the trunk, and I couldn't get to the release to lay the back seat down.
cool cool

How'd you do that? sand blaster?
sand paper, dont you watch pimp my ride? or Unique Wips? :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to see those Amps on display, but other than that, nice work, are you gonna be doing any interior work as well, or just the trunk?
You obviously haven't seen my car, lol. Check it out in my cardomain link. Every panel of the interior has been removed and painted silver and black, the headliner and rear deck panel have been done in black, and the seats were replaced with black leather Katzkins. And the amps will be on display eventually. They are gonna be flush mounted into the back of the rear seats, then when you fold the seats down , you will be able to see them, and there is gonna be another beauty board blocking off between the rear seats and trunk with the JL Audio logo cutout of plexi-glass, frosted, and then back lit with more neons. That is all still to come tho.

As for the frosting plexi-glass, yes sand blasting would work. But the cheaper way is with 400grit sandpaper. Just cut the plexi to the shape you want, and sand with a 400 grit paper in a circular motion. If you want it darker, then sand both sides like I did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
nice work.

how do you like the Katzkins, i've been thinking about those?

fyi i wanted to check out your cardomain page but the link doesn't work for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.